A digital on-screen bug (or you can just call it a logo if you must) is an image that usually appears on the bottom-right of the television screen.
Upper Right + Transparent Screen Bug
Not all feeds show the screen bug on the bottom-right. For example, the South-East Asia feed shows their screen bug at the upper-right.
The image on the right also applies to the following:
- CEE, RSEE, EMEA and Nordic feeds
- UK & Ireland
- Arabic feed
- France, Italy and Germany
- SEA, Indian, Korean, Chinese (Taiwan) and Japanese feeds
- Australia & New Zealand
The Southeast-Asia feed had an opaque screen bug after Check It 4.0 was introduced. In June 2016, The Philippines feed had an opaque screen bug but on the HD simulcast, it isn't but resized.
Bottom Right Screen Bug
This type of screen bug only applies to the following:
- United States
- Latin America
Earlier eras (Checkerboard - Summer 2007)
These eras dont have various banners for airing however Checkerboard and Powerhouse are the only eras that has a banner, which represents the website by jumping .com to the bottom of the bug, specifically only one banner.
FallFall is the first ever era to represent bug banners, however only 3 banners were added, presented and were labeled "New Episode", "Marathon" and "Premiere". Three of these banners were animated with the bouncing motifs of C and N falling from above just like how Fall did.
After Fall, Noods then added more banners to their bug instead of 3 standalone banners of Fall. However some of these bugs separate HD and SD bugs apart since it was not letterboxed until May 2013. From 3 different banners of Fall, there were additions such as "Special", "Happy Holidays", "Series Premiere", etc. Because idents of this era is much more used to color shifting, these bugs shift colors depending on promo or show currently being aired.
The first half of the Noods era present and solid-colored bugs and banners.
The second and last half of the Noods era use black and white motifs rather than colored ones.
CHECK it 1.0 & 2.0
The first and second variations of CHECK it presented back colored banners and using CN Bold on it. It lasted until May 20, 2013 because of the 3.0 introduction.
CHECK it 3.0
The third variation presented fixed and refined banners. Many of the banners such as "New Episode", "Marathon", and "Special" were renewed to a finer 3.0 motif look and many also were dropped. The only difference between 3.0 and 1.0/2.0 banners were the letter "N, A, M and W" were italicized
CHECK it 4.0
The fourth variation made slight refinements but were applied months after it was revealed. Such as title banners being chnaged from white or pink color texts on white backgrounds to just black text on yellow background.
The banners were applied also not in the introduction of this era, they were applied last January 23, 2017 and still present today. Changes made were "New Episode" was shortened to "New" and all banners were changed to have white text on bright blue background
These banners were applied on January 23, 2017 and still presently used.
The "New" banner was heavily replaced by a glowing pink colored text on a yellow background, which took effect on February 6, 2017 used for Big Day Off/New New New New. This is the very first banner to have a taller titlebox
Comparison of transitional scheduling on the screen bugs
The 3.0 transition shows characters from various cartoons in the network's high contrast colors. In 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0, the N hits the C to the middle of the screen, then the C hits the transition to show the upcoming programming, while in 4.0, blocks with various characters on them fly in from behind and below the screen bug to form a straight line next to the logo, then turn upward to show the scheduling.
VariationAs the eras go by, the screen bug gets a new look every time it is rebranded.
For example, the Check It 1.0 changed various episode banner designs from 3.0 and the schedule banner from the screen bug from the 3.0 also changed to the 4.0
- Until the Fall Era. Those feeds listed above the bottom-right screen bugs were not transparent anymore and is replaced with a solid fill.
- After the introduction of the Check It 4.0 in South-East Asia, their screen bug from the upper-right corner was solid fill and not transparent
- Countries including India and UK/Ireland once have solid fill in their screen bug, until the defunct of the New Wave era. It is now transparent until now.
- The episode banner designs from the Check It era has been changed several times.
- Starting March 2017, Southeast-Asia gets a blink of its HD bug (disappears for a split second) every time a show starts or comes back from a commercial. It also shows that both the logo and the HD are separate sprites, this discovery wasn't long ago, as it was discovered in movie trailers last 2016. This is a sign SEA is implementing a new screen bug.