A digital on-screen bug (or you can just call it a logo if you must) is an image that usually appears on the bottom-right of the television screen.
Upper Right + Transparent Screen Bug
Not all feeds show the screen bug on the bottom-right. For example, the South-East Asia feed shows their screen bug at the upper-right.
The image on the right also applies to the following:
- CEE (Hungary) and EMEA feeds
- Arabia Feed (but placed on bottom-right)
- France (placed on bottom-right)
- And many more...
The Southeast-Asia feed had an opaque screen bug after Check It 4.0 was introduced. In June 2016, The Philippines feed had an opaque screen bug but on the HD simulcast, it isn't but resized.
Bottom Right Screen Bug
This type of screen bug only applies to the following:
- United States
- Latin America
Check It Variations
Check IT 3.0 introduced new screen bugs along with 4.0. However it changed several times.
In 3.0, the banners were white with either blue- or pink-colored text, while in 4.0, the banners are yellow with black-colored text.
Comparison of transitional scheduling on the screen bugs
The 3.0 transition shows characters from various cartoons in the network's high contrast colors. In 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0, the N hits the C to the middle of the screen, then the C hits the transition to show the upcoming programming, while in 4.0, blocks with various characters on them fly in from behind and below the screen bug to form a straight line next to the logo, then turn upward to show the scheduling.
VariationAs the eras go by, the screen bug gets a new look every time it is rebranded.
For example, the Check It 1.0 changed various episode banner designs from 3.0 and the schedule banner from the screen bug from the 3.0 also changed to the 4.0
- Until the Fall Era. Those feeds listed above the bottom-right screen bugs were not transparent anymore and is replaced with a solid fill.
- After the introduction of the Check It 4.0 in South-East Asia, their screen bug from the upper-right corner was solid fill and not transparent
- Countries including India and UK/Ireland once have solid fill in their screen bug, until the defunct of the New Wave era. It is now transparent until now.
- The episode banner designs from the Check It era has been changed several times.