The movie first screened on August 14, 2015 at the Downtown Independent in Los Angeles, where it screened for a week.
The movie was confirmed in the Cartoon Network 2015 Upfront in February. It is going to be a feature length film and had its television world premiere during November 2015.
The 68-minute animated feature became available for digital download on September 1 on electronic sell-through platforms (iTunes, Google Play, Amazon Instant Video, Xbox, Playstation, VUDU and others). The DVD release is scheduled for October 13, but bonus content will be available in both the digital download version and DVD.
After a high school lab experiment goes horribly wrong, and accidentally creating a Timenado, the universe is on the verge of being destroyed and it’s up to Mordecai and Rigby to go back in time and make the things right, Battle an evil volleyball coach in order to save the universe — and their friendship.
- J. G. Quintel as Mordecai and Hi-Five Ghost
- William Salyers as Rigby
- Mark Hamill as Skips
- Sam Marin as Benson, Pops and Muscle Man
- Jason Mantzoukas as Mr. Ross
- David Koechner as Principal Dean
- Minty Lewis as Eileen
- Roger Craig Smith as Jablonski, Frank Smith, Fast Food Guy
- Ali Hillis as Ship Computer, Rigby's Mom
- Kurtwood Smith as Gene
- Eddie Pepitone as Sherm
- Paul F. Tompkins as Gino
- Fred Tatasciore as Father Time, Security Guard, Timenado Mechanic, Willy, Reporter
- Steve Blum as Techmo, Brit, Commander, TV Game
- Janie Haddad as Margaret
The movie first screened at the LA Downtown Independent on August 14, 2015 and continued to screen until August 20, 2015. The movie also screened at select Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas across the United States and it had a select showtime at the SVA Theatre of New York and at the Cinema Montrereal CANADA during October 2015.
Regular Show: The Movie premiered on November 25, 2015 in the United States on Cartoon Network and premiered on the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand on November 28, 2015. The film premiered in Asia on November 30, 2015. The film premiered in Central and Latin America on December 7, 2015. The movie premiered on Cartoon Network in Canada on November 25, 2015. The film debuted on the Middle East and Africa on December 25, 2015.
Home media release
The film was released to digital on platforms such as iTunes and Google Play Movies & TV on September 1, 2015. The movie was later released to DVD by Warner Home Video on October 13, 2015. The movie grossed $74,879 on Domestic DVD Sales. 
- This is the first movie based on a Cartoon Network series since "Ed, Edd n Eddy's Big Picture Show" in 2009, and the first one to be released theatrically since "The Powerpuff Girls Movie" back in 2002, but was only shown on a limited number of theatres.
- A "Regular Show" movie has been in development since 2013, although production didn't start until 2014.
- The original cast reprised their roles in the movie.
- A trailer was first shown at Comic-Con on July 10, 2015.
- JG Quintel announced through Twitter on June 11th 2015 that the film had been completed.
- The movie includes three more real-life songs, "March of the Swivel Heads", "The Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades" and "Pale Blue Eyes".
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found