|Genre||Science Fiction, Action/Adventure|
|Created by||Alex Toth|
|Starring|| Barry Balkin|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||18 (List of Episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)|| William Hanna|
|Running time||7 minutes (approx.)|
|Production company(s)||Hanna-Barbera Productions|
|Original run||September 9, 1967 – January 6, 1968|
Teenage boys Tom (voiced by Bobby Resnick) and Tub (voiced by Barry Balkin) are rescued by the great white whale Moby Dick (voiced by Don Messick) after a shipwreck. Together with their pet seal, Scooby (also voiced by Messick), they face the dangers of the undersea world.
Moby Dick is stronger and faster than an average whale, and he can stretch his body to any length he desires. Some episodes also depict him as being able to command other sea creatures.
- Don Messick - Moby Dick, Scooby
- Barry Balkin - Tubb
- Bobby Resnick - Tom
- "The Sinister Sea Saucer"
- "The Electrifying Shocktopus"
- "The Crab Creatures"
- "The Sea Monster"
- "The Undersea World"
- "The Aqua-Bats"
- "The Iceberg Monster"
- "The Shark Men"
- "The Saucer Shells"
- "Moraya the Eel Queen"
- "Toadus, Ruler of the Dead Ships"
- "The Cereb Men"
- "The Vortex Traps"
- "The Sand Creatures"
- "The Sea Ark"
- "The Shimmering Screen"
- "Soodak the Invader"
- "The Iguana Men"
In Other Media
- Along with other Hanna-Barbera heroes, Moby Dick appeared in a crossover with a time-traveling Space Ghost during the final six episodes (The Council of Doom) of the latter's original series.
- Moby Dick appeared in the Hanna-Barbera Super TV Heroes comic book, issues #1 – 7 (April 1968 – Oct. 1969).
- In 1972, Moby Dick appeared briefly in Yogi's Ark Lark when Captain Noah and Yogi Bear accidentally landed their flying ark on Moby's back.
- Characters from Moby Dick later appear in Sealab 2021, Tubs as child actor star "Chubby Cox", and Scooby the Seal as "Stinky Pete", whose appearances culminate in his eyes becoming near-demonic, uttering his catchphrase "I'm cha-cha-cha-cha-delicious."
- Moby Dick appears in the episode "SPF" of the Adult Swim show Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law, voiced by Wally Wingert.
- Tom, Tubb, and Scooby the Seal appear in the Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated episode "The Midnight Zone" with Tom and Tubb voiced by Dee Bradley Baker. Moby Dick is depicted as a submarine piloted by Tom and Tubb. They helped Mystery Incorporated and Cassidy Williams to reach the Midnight Zone (the deepest part of the ocean near Crystal Cove) when World War II Robots have been attacking Cassidy Williams.
- Moby Dick had a cameo in the film Scooby-Doo! Mask of the Blue Falcon.
On July 19, 2011, Warner Archive released Moby Dick and the Mighty Mightor: The Complete Series on DVD as part of their Hanna–Barbera Classics Collection. This is a Manufacture-on-Demand (MOD) release, available exclusively through Warner's online store and Amazon.com.