Clam is a small, quirky albino pygmy rhino who is part of the Jelly Cabin trio. He has a low voice and speaks in short bursts of three or four words, repeating the last words of others say.
Though seemingly unintelligent, Clam is actually a musical, artistic and academic genius. He once painted a portrait that looked identical to Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa. From an empty soda bottle, he coaxed a symphonic version of Beethoven's Ninth, complete with supporting chorus. His wide variety of knowledge is also hinted elsewhere, such as a knowledge of French. Clam also shows mechanical genius, having created a bicycle out of wood and turning a hairdryer into a remote-controlled airplane. When Samson created a secret stash of candy, Clam's trade offer was an abacus. Despite all this, he has modest dreams of one day being a professional bathroom attendant.
Despite his short stature, Clam also has immense strength. One note of clams immense strength is on the episode "Were's Clam" Lazlo and Raj looks for him were he practice tossing a giant boulder(but later breaks it). While collecting firewood, we see him carrying an enormous tree trunk, and carrying the Jellies on his shoulders. Clam's razor-sharp horns have been used for opening cans and cutting through or into thing.
Of the three Jellies, Clam tends to serve as a balance between Raj's over-cautiousness and Lazlo's love of thrill seeking, though he generally prefers to ally with Lazlo. This is best exemplified when the first time all three meet, Lazlo suggested that their cabin name should be "Jelly"; while Raj voted against it, Clam was in full support of the name. A rare disagreement occurs when both Clam and Raj refuse to be drawn in to Lazlo's rose-colored world, choosing to not accompany Lazlo when he goes on Edward's lake tour. This disagreement was due to the fact that the Jellies were attempting to start a tour business, which Edward typically out-did; Raj and Clam were offended that Lazlo was so quick to give up on the idea. His full name maybe Clamus, as hinted in episode title Prodigeous Clamus and Lazlo has called him this once. Clam likes gooseberries, and has an eerie talent for making his voice sound exactly like Edward. Shrimp cocktail is his favorite food. Clam is voiced by Carlos Alazraqui.
Clam is a yellow pygmy rhino with beige horns, he wears an olive drab T shirt, red neckerchief, black pants/shoes and an olive drab beanie with a blue stripe, his eye color is confirmed to be blue.
- Unnamed Father - Lazlo has mention of how the clam and his father making their home made mustard with a "Zing" (Beans & Weinies). Both parents sent him a box of rocks for some odd reason unknown (Big Cheese).
- Unnamed Mother - Clam's mother calls her son but unknowingly ends up talking to a ill fallen chef Mcnucelli. At the end of the episode she continues the lengthy conversation with the chef still thinking it was her son (Prickly Pining Dining). Both parents sent him a box of rocks for some odd reason unknown (Big Cheese).
- Lazlo - Clam has been friends with lazlo since they first met. If anything Clam has always been involved in Lazlo's shinanegans.
- Raj - Clam and Raj had a rocky start on their friendship due to Raj telling him he had to sit on the roof of the bus on there way to Camp Kidney, but as the series progressed they have become really close friends.
- Nina - Nina and Clam have a brother/sister relationship since the two helped one another out (Step Clam)
- Gretchen-they have a love/hate relationship, but they both have a crush on each other.