|Casper and the Angels|
|Genre||Action, Adventure, Comedy|
|Starring|| Julie McWhirter|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||13 (List of Episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)|| William Hanna|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Hanna-Barbera Productions|
|Original run||September 22, 1979 – May 3, 1980|
Casper and the Angels is a 30-minute Saturday morning animated series produced by Hanna-Barbera Productions that aired for one season (1979–80) on NBC. Casper the Friendly Ghost was a guardian angel for two female motorcycle space cops named Minnie (who was rather ditzy and had a Southern accent) and Maxie (who was a much more intelligent African-American woman) in the year 2179. They were joined by a rambunctious ghost named Hairy Scary, who would scare villains and troublemakers, but unlike most other ghosts, was accepting of the fact that Casper was a gentle ghost who did not like to scare people. The show was apparently Hanna-Barbera's second attempt to cash in on the popularity of Charlie's Angels, the first being Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels (Laurel Page also provided a voice for that show).
Twenty-six 15-minute segments shown as thirteen 30-minute episodes were produced, as well as two 1979 television specials: Casper's Halloween Special and Casper's First Christmas. The series also aired in reruns on Cartoon Network from 1992-2000 and Boomerang from 2000-2004.
The series is set in 2179 where Casper helps out policewomen Mini & Maxi on baffling cases (2 segments per episode). Hairy Scary was there to convince Casper to scare people! Casper & Hairy Scary had two NBC specials as well. A Halloween special where Hairy Scary & his friends ruin Halloween for Casper & his new orphan friends. And a Christmas special that featured Yogi & the gang taking shelter @ their haunted house.
- Julie McWhirter - Casper
- Diana McCannon - Space Patrol Officer Maxie
- Laurel Page - Space Patrol Officer Minnie
- John Stephenson - Harry Scary, Commander
1. "Casper's Golden Chance / Space Circus"
2. "Casper Ghosts West / Casper's Camp Out"
3. "Strike Four / The Space Pirate"
4. "Ship-Wrecked / The Cat Burglar"
5. "Something Fishy / The Smiling Lisa"
6. "A Pocket Full O'Schemes / A Tale of Two Trashmen"
7. "Fatula / T.V. or Not T.V."
8. "Gone to the Dogs / Private Eyeball to Eyeball"
9. "Champ for a Day / The Ghost Robbers"
10. "Aunt Mary Scarey / The Ice Heist"
11. "A Shoplifting Experience / The Impossible Scream"
12. "Prehistoric Hi-Jinx / The Commander Is Missing"
13. "Love at First Fright / Saving Grace in Outer Space"
On September 5, 1996, Turner Home Entertainment released "Casper: Stars & Frights" on VHS. This release contains 5 episodes from the series. It has been discontinued and is now out of print.