Grim is the spokesman in a commercial for a new product "Big Move Laxatives". On the day the commercial airs, "Under-corp" holds a contest. Contestants would write a letter that contains up to 500 words telling what they would do with Grim for a day and the winner would get to do those things. Grim travels to Under-Corp's board of directors (where one of the employees resembles Spongebob Squarepants) to learn that Fred Fredburger is the winner, in fact he was the only one who entered. The company threatens to beat Grim up if Fred does not have a good time.
Billy, Mandy and Grim take Fred Fredburger to the yogurt parlor to "eet zum frozun yogert", and while they were eating, Grim tries to take a picture of himself and Fred Fredburger. Part of Fred's nonsense is getting multiple brain-freezes; Billy follows.
Unfortunately, Fred doesn't listen to Grim's instructions, making him angry. This results in Grim knocking over Fred's yogurt and sending Fred crying into the deep freezer. Mandy suggests that they should go to Sassycat Land (a combined parody of Hello Kitty and Disneyland). Fred enjoys a ride with Grim, Billy and Mandy but ends up being hurtled into a far off land. Fred meets a colony of yeti who sound and act like Fred Fredburger. Grim is physically attacked by representatives of Under-Corp.
Fred is in the frozen yogurt parlor.
- Fred: What flavor is that brown and yellow one?
Fred: I like both chocolate and banana, yes. What flavor is the pink one?
Fred: What flavor is the orange one?
Fred: mmmmm (licks) hey What flavor is that grayish-white one?
Clerk: [looks down]
Yeti: I taste like nachos yes.
- The title "Be A-Fred, Be Very A-Fred" is a pun on the phrase "be afraid, be very afraid", from the 1986 movie The Fly and the 1980 movie The Empire Strikes Back.
- Having Grim being spokes-person for a laxative is a subtle reference to how people may void their bowels when they die.
- One of the people in the boardroom resembles Spongebob Squarepants, only with blue skin and a different type of nose. It's a one-appearance character.
Cartoon Network references
- The scene where Fred and Billy took turns screaming from brain freeze was similar to Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends in the episode "Infernal Slumber," where Cheese and Bloo partake in the same bit of activity.
- This is the second Fred Fredburger episode.
- The final appearance of Sassycat Land, a parody of Sanrio Puroland or Hello Kitty Land.
- Fred likes frozen yogurt more than nachos in this episode.
- One of The Directors, the one that had the idea to hire Grim, looks like and underworld version of popular cartoon character Spongebob Squarepants.
- This episode should take place before Billy & Mandy's Big Boogey Adventure because it shows in the film Fred Fredburger memorized how to get to the house Billy lives in to steal Horror's Hand, and this episode marks the first time Fred was at Billy's house.